Pepperoni pizza dip is ooey-gooey cheese mixed with flavorful pizza seasonings and topped with delicious pepperoni. It is baked until it’s hot and bubbly, and it will be the perfect appetizer at any party!
Dips are the perfect appetizer for every kind of get-together! If you like the idea of this pepperoni dip, then you must try this 5-minute dip, this loaded ranch dip, and this yummy buffalo chicken dip.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
I love many things, but somewhere near the top of the list is “holiday traditions,” followed closely by “all things CHEESE.” And pizza definitely counts as an “all things cheese” item. Even though I get excited about fancy pizzas with gourmet toppings, I always come back to a classic pepperoni pizza from time to time because, really, sometimes classic is exactly what you need. Bread + sauce + cheese + spicy pepperoni.
This dip is PERFECT for holiday get-togethers, especially if you’re planning a party. Appetizers and dips are meant to shine at get-togethers, and this pepperoni pizza dip is no exception. Nothing like starting the night off right with a dish full of pizza that you can dip, scoop and smother to your heart’s content! The best part is how easy it is – just five ingredients! Give it a try. You will be hooked!
What Ingredients are in Pepperoni Pizza Dip?
The answer to this is easy because the list is short! You only need six ingredients for this dip, and I bet that you already have most of them in your kitchen already. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: Take your cream cheese out of the fridge before you plan on making the dip and let it soften to room temperature. It will mix so much better this way!
- Pizza Sauce: You can use homemade pizza sauce or store bougth pizza sauce for this recipe. Whichever you prefer!
- Italian Style Cheese: You can buy this pre-shredded at the grocery store.
- Pepperoni: I like to cut my pepperoni slices in half so that I can have pepperoni in every bite.
- Italian Seasoning: You can use store bought seasoning or make this Italian seasoning at home! It’s so good and really takes any recipe to the next level.
- Things to dip: Crackers, sliced French baguette, or breadsticks for dipping.
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Dip
This dip only takes a few minutes together, and then you just have to bake it to get it nice, hot, and bubbly! Eat it fresh out of the oven, and you will be delighted with the taste and texture of this delicious dip.
- Preheat Oven and Mix Cheese: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cream cheese and half of the shredded Italian cheese.
- Spread Cream Cheese: Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a small casserole dish or round pie dish.
- Add Ingredients to Baking Dish: Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Italian cheese, then top with pepperoni slices and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake and Serve: Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and dip is hot throughout. Serve with crackers or breadsticks for dipping!
This version is pepperoni pizza dip, but pizza is only as good as its toppings, right? So if you love a loaded pizza then make it a loaded dip! Here are a few ideas for you!
- Meat: Try adding sausage, bacon, ham or even some chicken to this dip!
- Veggies: Just like when you make your own pizza, you can add on whatever toppings that you want. Try adding in some veggies like olives, peppers, mushrooms, onions or even some spinach!
Can I Make This Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes! You just will not want to cook it until just before you are ready to serve. Assemble the dip and have it ready to go in your casserole dish. Cover it and put it in your fridge for up to a day before you need it. When you are ready to serve it then cook it and serve it hot!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cream cheese and half of the shredded Italian cheese.
Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a small casserole dish or round pie dish.
Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Italian cheese, then top with pepperoni slices and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and dip is hot throughout. Serve with crackers or breadsticks for dipping!
Originally Posted on December 27, 2015
Calories142kcal (7%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein5g (10%)Fat12g (18%)Saturated Fat7g (35%)Cholesterol39mg (13%)Sodium371mg (15%)Potassium170mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A577IU (12%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium110mg (11%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.