This amazing Rotel Dip is the easiest and most delectable dip for any occasion! Perfectly spiced hamburger, creamy cheese and full flavored Rotel tomatoes combine in this quick appetizer, everyone will love.
Everyone loves a fabulous dip, there’s just something about taking crackers, veggies, or chips and dipping them into something delicious. For more dips try Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip, Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip or 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip for your next gathering.
Incredible Rotel Dip Recipe
This dip couldn’t be any easier or faster. When you need a fast dip, with tons of flavor this is the winner. Chock full of flavor, it isn’t overly spicy. Rotel is simply canned tomatoes with green chilies, which adds just a touch of spice. I use taco seasoning to create more of that Mexican flare, but it doesn’t over power it. This makes it perfect for everyone. For those who don’t like a lot of spice, it’s ideal. But for those who want tons of flavor, they have it. It’s a total winner. And the fact that it’s so easy to make, means you can whip this up whenever you need to.
Make this when you have company coming unexpectedly. Use it when you need a good snack for the game. Whip it up when you need a party dish in a pinch. Make it when you need a midnight snack that’s hearty and savory. This is an instant favorite. Everyone loves this dip. It’s creamy, it’s hearty, it’s cheesy and superbly spiced. Make this dip tonight!
Ingredients for Velveeta Rotel Dip
With only 4 ingredients this couldn’t be more easy! All the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. There are lots of ways to vary it too. Seriously put it into your appetizer rotation.
- Hamburger: Lean ground beef.
- Taco Seasoning: I love my homemade Taco Seasoning, but you can also use store bought.
- Rotel Tomatoes: This is diced canned tomatoes with green chilies. Do not drain.
- Velveeta Cheese: Processed cheese cubed.
Making Rotel Dip with Ground Beef
This dip is made all in the same pot, which makes it easy to make and easy to clean up. You have to love that. It’s quick too. Done in no time and served warm, you’ll be the hero of appetizers.
- Crumble: In a medium sized skillet gook the ground beef, crumbling as it cooks. Cook till no longer pink. Drain the excess grease.
- Add: Add in the taco seasoning, tomatoes, and cheese. Stir till melted. Remember not to drain the tomatoes, you’ll want the juices to help keep it the right consistency.
- Serve: Pour dip into desired serving dish and serve warm.
How to Make Crockpot Rotel Dip
This is simple to make in the slow cooker! This dip is best served warm, otherwise as it cools it can thicken and be harder to eat. So even if you make it on the stove top, serving it in a crock pot to keep warm during the party or such is great idea. If it does harden simply reheat on the stove top or microwave. To make cheese dip in the Slow Cooker first brown, crumble and drain the meat in a pan on the stove top. Add it to the slow cooker. Then add the rest of the ingredients and turn on low for 2-3 hours, until everything is melted and smooth. Serve immediately or keep warm in the slow cooker. It is simple!
Tips and Variations for Rotel Cheese Dip
I love this dip because it’s so versatile. You can vary it to your liking, and do so without adding tons of other ingredients. Make this dip your favorite by adding and subtracting to your hearts desire.
- Meat: Use ground turkey, or chicken instead. Spice it up with chorizo. Make it vegetarian and omit the meat and replace with black or pinto beans.
- Add: For a bit more bite, add chopped onions and sauté them. Add minced garlic too.
- Tomatoes: You can sometimes find Rotel tomatoes in mild, medium and hot. Use the heat level you and your family want. Do not drain the tomatoes. Add fresh tomatoes to garnish if you desire.
- Spice it up: There are so many different ways to spice this dish up. Add dashes of your favorite hot sauce, add some crushed red pepper or jarred jalapeños.
- Smokey: Chipotle flavor is such a smokey spicy taste. Add either chipotle chili powder, or a teaspoon of chipotle chilis in adobo sauce.
- Salsa: You can also add a jar of salsa instead of the Rotel tomatoes if you so desire.
- Cheese: If you’d prefer not to use velveeta, you can use 8 oz cream cheese cut up. If you use cream cheese add some sharp shredded cheese for extra flavor.
- Thin it out: If you notice your dip is too thick (no one likes to break their chips in the dip). Thin it out with some milk a tablespoon at a time till it reaches the desired consistency.
What to Serve your Dip with
The possibilities are a bit endless here. Use your imagination and what you have on hand.
- Corn chips
- Pita Chips
- Variety of Crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- Bread sticks
- Veggies: Carrots, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas, celery or tomatoes.
Store Your Leftovers
If you do have leftovers, don’t blame yourself. It just means you had too many amazing choices to choose from. So don’t stress it. This dip is amazing because it can be stored and it can even be stored in the freezer, if needed.
- Fridge: Keep leftovers tightly covered in your fridge for up to a week
- Freeze: Yes this does freeze, put in a freezer safe container or bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Use them: There are lots of ways you can use up the leftovers to create festive meals. Serve as a topping over potatoes, tacos, pasta or rice. All of them would be so tasty. Perfect, now you have a meal idea and an appetizer!
More Appetizers to Munch on
It’s been appetizer season lately. With parties, holidays, and games to watch we’re in full swing. And really it’s just getting started. There will always be parties to go to, pool parties, and gatherings where appetizers will be needed. Choose from some of these favorites the next time you need one.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 People
Amazing Rotel Dip is the easiest and most delectable dip for any occasion! Perfectly spiced hamburger, creamy cheese and full flavored Rotel tomatoes combine in this quick appetizer, everyone will love.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- 16 ounce Velveeta Cheese Processed Cheese, cubed
Add in the taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes, and velveeta cheese. Stir until melted. Pour into desired serving dish and serve.
Calories141kcal (7%)Carbohydrates6g (2%)Protein16g (32%)Fat6g (9%)Saturated Fat4g (20%)Cholesterol39mg (13%)Sodium659mg (27%)Potassium317mg (9%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A607IU (12%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium223mg (22%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.